The Council held an Extraordinary Meeting at 7pm on 25th February on Zoom to formulate a response to the Dorset Local Plan Consultation. If you weren’t able to join us, and would like to make your own comments on the document, please follow the links below, The closing date is 15th March.
Here is the link to the DLP: www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/Dorset-council-local-plan
This from Dorset Council:
‘Listen to or watch webinars
We are holding webinars throughout the consultation period on key themes within the plan. Each webinar will consist of a short presentation followed by a question and answer session. www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/dorset-council-local-plan-webinars
The timetable for webinars is as follows:
|Tuesday 26 January||Distribution of development: including settlement hierarchy and the spatial distribution of development.||12-1pm|
|Thursday 28 January||All things environmental: Climate change, renewable energy, flooding and biodiversity.||12-1pm|
|Tuesday 2 February||Central Dorset towns, housing and employment and landscape.||12-1pm|
|Thursday 4 February||Western Dorset: towns, housing and employment sites and heritage||12-1pm|
|Tuesday 9 February||Housing: including housing need, neighbourhood planning and affordable housing.||12-1pm|
|Thursday 11 February||South Eastern Dorset: towns, housing and employment sites and the green belt||12-1pm|
|Tuesday 16 February||Northern Dorset: towns, housing and employment sites and Design||12-1pm|
|Thursday 18 February||The Economy, community and collecting money from development||12-1pm|
Telephone the team
We also have a dedicated phone line available during the consultation period open Monday to Friday from 10am – 2pm. Telephone 01305 252500 to speak to a member of the team.
Planning surgeries for groups
Town or Parish councils, organisations or community groups can attend a planning surgery during the consultation period to discuss any queries with officers. Limited spaces are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursday from 10am until 2pm. Telephone 01305 252500 to reserve your slot.
How can I make a comment?
- Make sure you give your name and either postal or email address along with your postcode so that your response can be considered appropriately
- Use the official form
- Make your comments within the consultation period
- representations cannot be treated as confidential. By competing a representation, you agree to your name (but not your address) and comments being made available for public viewing
- the Council does not accept any responsibility for the contents of the comments submitted. We reserve the right to remove any comments containing defamatory, abusive or malicious allegations.
I want to make my comment online
View and comment on the plan at the following link – www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/dorset-council-local-plan
The benefits of doing your response this way are as follows:
- less impact on the environment as we do not need to use paper or postage
- you’ll be emailed a copy of your response as confirmation once submitted
- you’ll also be able to start your response and return to it at a later date – a confirmation email will send you a link to where you left off
- you can upload supporting information to your response.
I want to email you my comment
We also accept responses emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, completed on the specified response form.
I want to write my comment on paper
There are paper copies of the response form available upon request for those without internet or computer access. Please telephone 01305 252500 to request your copy.
This is an important part of helping to shape the first local plan for the whole Dorset Council area. We appreciate your time and your comments.
Service Manager for Spatial Planning’ (end)
Please get in touch with the Clerk if you would like more information.