Parish Council Services/Assets.
Langton Matravers Parish Council > Parish Council Services/Assets.
- A Cemetery in Crack Lane for both inhumation and cremation burials. Copies of the Cemetery Regulations and Fees may be obtained from the Clerk or viewed at Cemetery Information.
- Public Toilets at the bottom of Steps Hill near the entrance to Putlake Adventure Farm.
- Allotment Gardens at Coles Ground.
- A Bus shelter in the middle of the village.
- A Bus shelter at Coombe/Steps Hill.
- Thirteen Footway Lights in side roads where there is as yet no street lighting.
- A Play Area for young people in St. George’s Primary School Playing Field which includes a swing for younger children and other equipment. The school field can also be used when the school is not in session.
- Seven public seats at various locations in the village, four of them at bus stops.
- A Village Sign at the centre of the village, commemorating the Festival of Britain.
- A local stone Sculpture of a stonemason, commemorating the Millennium.
- A stone bus shelter at the turning into the hamlet of Acton.
- Six grit bins placed strategically around the village for community use.
- Two dog bins to help solve the continuing problem of dog waste on pavements.
- A Web site with useful information about the Parish and the workings of the Council – www.langtonmatravers-pc.org
- A Parish Office in the toilet block at Putlake which is open to visitors between 9 and 10.30 am on Monday, Weds Friday mornings or by appointment.
- A Woodland Trail and Community Orchard south of the School field; all are welcome (sorry, no dogs).